1. It’s certainly not a competition as to who gets to the movie theatre first in the morning, but (for a change) I beat Anne J. there this morning by at least a couple of minutes. Then again David C. and David ‘Ritz’ were there before me. They just didn’t know that the front door was already unlocked ! (They were waiting out front.)
2. Due to personal reasons near and dear to me this morning’s 9 AM service was the most emotional Sunday morning service for me ever – in the 18 months (exactly) that I’ve been attending Life Pointe Church. During selected portions of this morning’s service it truly felt like Pastor Travis was speaking directly to me and about me regarding some situations that are currently going on in my Life. I’m sure that some of my fellow brothers and sisters in attendance felt the same way – that Pastor Travis was talking to them and about them from the stage. The fact of the matter is that God is using our Lead Pastor to communicate to us corporately each and every Sunday morning. That makes Pastor Travis very relevant. God is truly omnipotent.
3. Pastor Travis spoke on exhaustion this morning. The following statement in his teaching caused me to get the chills and get very emotional with tears – ‘To run with endurance all the way to the end, you have to drop your dead weight.’ It’s based on Philippians 3:13-14:
13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
4. A few of our regular attenders have been asking me about the next membership luncheon at The Capri Restaurant in Florida City (where all of the food is). The next one is scheduled for Sunday August 17TH at 2 PM. You can sign-up for it at the Information Booth next Sunday morning, or you can let us know that you (and your family – if applicable) wish to attend via your connection card next Sunday. If you have any questions regarding the membership luncheon then please feel free to stop me in the hallway next Sunday morning and ask me about it.
5. I recently switched over from the 10:30 AM service to the 9 AM service, and you can too. There’s plenty of seats available during that first service, so consider making that switch. Be sure to arrive at the theatre in time for the actual start of each service – whether it be precisely 9 AM or precisely 10:30 AM. Jesse leads the LPC band up on stage with at least 15 minutes of rockin’ music that will surely get you up on your feet, singing loudly, clapping proudly, and even gettin’ down with a little bit of dancing. If you’re missing the big music show at the start of each service then you are definitely missing something !