Every Monday night I post my all-new Top 10 Christian hit music chart based on personal preference. Here it is – for the week ending Sunday August 26TH 2018:
- “Who You Say I Am” – Hillsong Worship [# 1 last week / 5TH week on chart]
- “Do It Again” – Elevation Worship [3 / 17TH]
- “Grace Got You” – MercyMe [4 / 21ST]
- “Everything” – TobyMac [5 / 3RD]
- “Known” – Tauren Wells [7 / 3RD]
- “The Breakup Song” – Francesca Battistelli [6 / 7TH]
- “Dream Small” – Josh Wilson [2 / 13TH]
- “Heaven On Earth” – Stars Go Dim [8 / 6TH]
- “Wherever I Go” – Dan Bremnes [9 / 8TH]
- “Even Then” – Micah Tyler [10 / 2ND]
Top 3 Highlights: Elevation Worship’s “Do It Again” spends its 15TH non-consecutive week in my Top 3. MercyMe’s “Grace Got You” is now the # 1 smash in the entire 80-week rebirthing of my chart.
Tauren Wells reaches my Top 5 for the first time ever. Tauren describes his hit in this way – “Known” was inspired by a quote from Timothy Keller that says “to be loved and not known is comforting but superficial. To be known but not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and fully loved is a lot like being loved by God.” It is amazing to me that God could see me in my entirety and love me fully. That is ridiculous grace – as the song says – and yet He loves me so much that He confronts me with His truth so that I can become more like Him. That is very special.
This concludes my 4 blogs this weekend. I’ll be back next weekend with all-new blogs on Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday, and a special blog on Tuesday. I don’t blog on Saturdays. That’s my day of rest. Your likes, follows, and comments are always appreciated. Thank You for being part of my online ministry to win souls for Christ. Enjoy this week. Love God’s children just as He loves you unconditionally.