Inspired by fellow WordPress blogger Stephen Hollifield I decided to take my own leisurely walk around my neighbourhood today at High Noon – just a few minutes after I commented on his ‘Morning Walk’ for this Christmas Eve morning.
This is quite remarkable for me in that this is the very first time that I have ever done such a thing – and I’ve been living here in my neighbourhood for over 12½-years !
I walked around the northern circumference of my neighbourhood in just a little over 18 minutes. It was close to 0.75 miles in length.
Sky: Mostly Sunny
Relative Humidity: 57%
Winds: NE 13 MPH
Barometric Pressure: 30.09 FALLING
Here are a few thoughts as I walked the walk:
1. There should never be a parking problem here in my neighbourhood. We have far more parking spaces than we actually need.
2. I am blessed to live in a relatively litter-free neighbourhood. The City Of Homestead actually emptied out all of the dumpsters early this morning – on Christmas Eve !
3. My neighbourhood smells good. There’s good cookin’ in the neighbourhood !
4. My neighbourhood has sidewalks that I never knew existed. I’ll have to discover some more of them in my future walks.
5. If this were May, June, July, August, September, or October then I would have probably been eaten alive by every bug known to mankind, but this is December and it is just so refreshingly delightful outside !
I’m doing another walk tomorrow !