– It’s the first Sunday of May in 2009.
– Within the next couple of weeks I’ll celebrate my 1,000TH day on this journey.
– It really will be a celebration !
– Pastor Travis returned to Life Pointe Church in Homestead this morning.
– He led a strong teaching regarding how we as Christians fit in with the world.
– We must be in this world, but not of this world.
– The world must not dictate to us how we should act or what we should do.
– God must be our only advisor.
– During my previous life I let the world tell me what to do and how to do it.
– I no longer live in the darkness.
– I am no longer a puppet on a string.
– I now follow and obey God, and I listen to His direction for me.
– As believers in Him we should NOT solely hang out with other believers.
– We must not alienate ourselves from the rest of the world.
– We must mix ourselves in with the world around us.
– The world should be able to clearly see God’s Glory working in each of us.
– They should be able to see it without us telling them that we believe.
– Changed lives change lives – one non-believer at a time.
– There’s a celebration goin’ on whenever a rescue and a save has occurred.
– This week’s teaching was based on the following verses out of the Good News:
– 1 Peter 2:11-12
– Luke 11:13
– Matthew 6:19-21
– Mark 12:30-31
– John 14:1-3
– Acts 1:6-11
This blog is attracting increasing attention locally here in Homestead Florida. I am a member of Life Pointe Church, and we meet at the Flagship Cinemas 14 movie theatre on Campbell Drive near Florida’s Turnpike. We occupy the main lobby, the hallways, and 5 theatres on Sunday mornings from around 7 AM to 12 Noon. 4 of the 5 theatres are for our Kids 12 and under. The remaining theatre is where we have our two Sunday morning services. They last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, and they begin promptly at 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM. There is no need to dress up for the red carpet to come to our church. Come as you are. Have a cup of coffee (free), a bagel with cream cheese (free), and attend one of our two services. See how we do church. It may be nothing like you ever imagined. Take it from me. I avoided church for over 30 years. Then I discovered Life Pointe Church. I’ve been attending for the past 27+ months. Discover it for yourself. It’s never too late to experience the euphoria that is living on God’s fantastic journey for you !