– I wasn’t at Life Pointe Church last Sunday morning.
– I was over 1,400 miles WNW of here in Allen Texas.
– There’s a slight chance that I may not be at LPC next Sunday morning as well.
– I really wish to visit and attend the Sunday night service next week at PK.
– Next Monday is a federal holiday, so it makes sense to do so.
– Pastor Travis led this morning’s powerful teaching on Revolutionaries.
– It was based on 1 Peter 2:21-25.
– Jesus Christ was the ultimate Revolutionary.
– He didn’t follow the rules.
– He didn’t do what others around Him told Him to do.
– He created His own rules, and He did it for us.
– He didn’t have to die on that cross on that hill.
– He chose to die so that we could live.
– His love for us changed the world.
– Getting rich and owning worldly possessions does NOT change the world.
– We are all so full of sin, yet Jesus loves each and every one of us.
– He specifically created us in His image.
– Some of us already know that because we know Him.
– But many in the world today don’t yet know that – or Him.
– TODAY I’m celebrating Life – the 1,000TH day of this new Life of mine.
– I was rescued and saved by God 1,000 days ago in August of 2006.
– That’s when I stopped ignoring God, and I put Him in the driver’s seat.
– I choose to continue to follow God.
– I choose to continue to obey His Good News.
1 Peter 2:21-25 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps.
22 He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone.
23 He did not retaliate when He was insulted, nor threaten revenge when He suffered. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.
24 He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds you are healed.
25 Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.