On this festive holiday edition of ‘Fortune Cookie’ I present to you the ‘Year-End Everything-Must-Go Blow-Out Celebration’ featuring all of the leftover fortune cookie messages that never made it onto this blog for whatever reason.
Let’s roll like a ‘Fortune Cookie’ !
– A merry heart does good like a medicine.
– A modest man never talks to himself.
– A quiet evening with friends is the best tonic for a long day.
– Good food brings good health and longevity.
– Learning is a treasure which accompanies us everywhere.
– Old friends make best friends.
– Those who seek will find.
– Try to channel excess energies into rejuvenation.
– Your eyes will soon be opened to a world full of beauty, charm, and adventure.
– Your smile is a curve that can get a lot of things straight.
Great fortunes. Great messages. Great Chinese Food. We’ll do it again in 2010 !
YESTERDAY (Wednesday) for Lunch me and my brother and my sister-in-law ate at their favourite workplace Chinese Restaurant in the neighbourhood – a nice joint in far north Dallas called ‘Great China’ (see reviews on Yahoo !).
The food was delicious, and the restaurant itself was quite a bit upscale compared to what I’m used to at my favourite Chinese Restaurant joints back home. The customer service was outstanding, but that seems to be my general experience at most Chinese Restaurants.
I nabbed all three of our great fortune cookie messages, so here they are:
– ‘Now is the time for peace in your life. Go along with other’s ideas.’
– ‘A new relationship is about to blossom. You will be blessed.’
– ‘Approach all areas of life with a bold enthusiasm this year.’
Late this morning I enjoyed a hot and delicious Lunch courtesy of my all-time favourite take-out Chinese Food joint in the neighbourhood – Shanghai.
Here’s this week’s fortune cookie message:
– ‘Spectacular accomplishment is never preceded by less than spectacular preparation.’
I disagree somewhat with this one. You can over prepare for an event. The result can sometimes be just as bad – even worse – than a lack of sufficient preparation. Sometimes a little spontaneity can be that added touch that lifts something from standard to spectacular. Spectacular preparation is not always the key to success.
TODAY I went to my friendly workplace neighbourhood Chinese Food joint – Shanghai – to pick-up my usual paraphernalia – chicken with broccoli with pork fried rice and an egg roll. As usual it was ready within ’10 minute’. Oh yeah – and it was hot and delicious !
As a regular customer my dealer at Shanghai enabled me with 3 Fortune Cookies, so I present to you a ‘Triple Trifecta’ this week:
– ‘Wealth is the ability to fully experience Life.’
– ‘Welcome each day as a fresh new beginning.’
– You will always be successful in your professional career.’
Has it really been a whole 3 weeks since I last enjoyed Chinese Food ? I need to make sure that I get my weekly intake of it, for it’s good for me and my elevated cholesterol diet. (I think.)
– ‘The man who has no imagination has no wings.’
My Analytical Assessment – Fly like an eagle. Let your Spirit set you free.
YEAR 3 of the longest-running occasional series here on this blog begins NOW !
– ‘If your cookie is in 2 pieces, the answer is yes.’
My Analytical Assessment – Besides the fact that we have yet another gramatically-incorrect statement we also have a rather obvious statement. There’s no way that I could possibly read the fortune cookie message if the cookie was not in two pieces; therefore, the answer will always be ‘Yes’. ‘No’ is an unacceptable answer. ‘YES WE CAN !’
Ela – YES I DID select a new Doctor. YES I DID schedule myself for a routine physical with that new Doctor.
THIS is the 2ND anniversary edition of the longest-running occasional series here on this blog – going strong since the very first edition was published LIVE to the blogosphere on July 09TH 2007.
– ‘Telling someone the truth is a loving act.’
My Assessment – While it’s sometimes more convenient to stretch the truth or outright lie to someone I can’t think of any circumstance where telling the truth is NOT the right thing to do. The truth shall set you free – even if it may hurt a bit. But hurt can lead to a positive result – a change for the better. It all starts with the truth. Looking for the truth ? Look no further than God’s Good Word.