1. It was a great feeling when I walked through the front doors of the movie theatre into the main lobby shortly after 7:45 AM for the first time in 5 weeks. The transformation of the movie theatre’s main lobby into Life Pointe Church‘s main lobby is always miraculous – not because it’s impossible to do, but because it’s the ultimate product of our setup and hospitality teams serving The Lord Almighty in unison every Sunday morning.
2. Terry and Venus made me extremely hungry this morning because they constantly talked about delicious foods from around the world with me on an empty stomach at the time. I informed and then reminded them several times throughout the discussions that my calendar for the remainder of 2007 is wide open for food and fellowship.
3. Jonathan & Lilian Mends’ likeus.tv life story on video was incredible. It made me joyful, and it also made my eyes water. I forgot to bring a napkin into the service with me. I can’t wait to see it again once it’s posted online. I’ve loved them ever since I met them during my early days at Life Pointe. They welcomed me to the Life Pointe family with open arms back then. They are truly one of the most inspirational couples I have ever met in my entire life.
4. Pastor Paul delivered a superb teaching on effectively ‘passing it on’ to the next generation. If we want them to be true believers ‘likeus’ then we need to have absolute faith in God so that they too can have faith in God. Galatians 3:6-7 (NLT) states that ‘In the same way, “Abraham believed God, so God declared him righteous because of his faith.” The real children of Abraham, then, are all those who put their faith in God.’ Galatians 3:9 continues ‘And so it is: All who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith.’
5. Following the 10:30 service I finally got to meet Mr. Blake Matthew Johnson for the first time on his 5-week birthday. He was born on the last Sunday that I attended service at Life Pointe before I went on a month-full of vacations. He’s in great hands with Travis and Kelly ‘passing it on’ to him. He’ll probably be running Life Pointe Church in about 33 years with his sisters.