WEEKEND GRAB BAG O’ THOUGHT:
It’s the start of another relaxing weekend here at home, and I’m truly looking forward to this one. It’s been a crazy and hectic week at work and at home. Once upon a time I was rightly accused (often) of being too predictable and ordinary. In this new Life of mine I’ve learned how to be less boring and more spontaneous. The old me would have been shocked and embarrassed by the doings of the new me. Thankfully the old me died 4 years ago this month. The new me is more fun and exciting than ever before. That’s what keeps my fantastic journey moving forward. I have no idea what to expect around the corner, but I can’t wait to experience it !
BEST LUNCH OF THE WEEK AWARD:
Longhorn Steakhouse – Renegade Top Sirloin (12-ounce / Medium-Well), Mashed Potatoes, Bread, Coke. I hate to be predictable here, but this Lunch was even more special than it usually is. That’s because I got to spend a couple of hours with my good friend Pastor Paul.
THE FORTUNE COOKIE MESSAGE OF THE WEEK CLUB:
– Vacation can wait. Stick to the project till the end.
MY FAVOURITE SONG RIGHT NOW:
“Center Of Attention” – Write This Down
15 WEEKEND MINI THOUGHTS:
– If you don’t follow me on Twitter then this is news to you.
– This past Wednesday afternoon I walked in to Mattress Giant to ‘look around’.
– Famous Last Words – I didn’t walk out empty-handed.
– I had made no immediate plans to do this, but I was in the area at the time.
– I ended up trying out a bunch of different mattresses.
– I could have taken a short nap right there in the store.
– I found a really comfortable pillow-top plush that wanted to go home with me.
– Then I picked out a nice modern bed to complete the package.
– They promised delivery of my merchandise between 1 and 3 on Thursday.
– They arrived at 2, put my new bed together, and hauled away the old one.
– My old bed was 16-years-old, so that’s about 5,500 nights together.
– Last night was my very first night with my fresh new modern bed.
– I slept good !
– I can’t wait to do it all over again tonight – with no wake-up alarm.
– Sleep well my friends !
THOSE CRAZY CRAZY CATS:
’The Awesome ’80s In August International Dance Party’ continues this weekend on the 94TH edition of the ‘Saturday Night Retro’. I’ll share my British life with you from 23 years ago in August of 1987. Then on Sunday ‘My Fantastic Journey’ moves forward. Be sure to check back in with this blog later this weekend. In the meantime enjoy your days and nights and make them memorable. Change the world !