- I Know Where It’s At – All Saints
- I Want You Back – ‘N Sync
- As Long As You Love Me – The Backstreet Boys
- One More Night – Amber
- (I Wanna Be Your) Number One – Alexia
These were my Top 5 hits exactly 20 years ago this weekend – Sunday March 29TH 1998.
The # 1 pop smash nationwide on this date was Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” from “Titanic”. I actually saw “Titanic” on March 12TH 1998 in Fort Worth Texas with coworkers during a military trip. We saw it rather late – nearly 3 months after its box office release. It was still # 1 when we saw it.
(For fun I maintain a database of every movie I see at the box office. I’ve been doing this since 1989.)
I’ve been producing my own personal weekly hit music chart off and on for the past 30+ years. Next Friday I’ll go back another 10 years to the 2ND weekend of April of 1988.
This Sunday I’ll be back with Scripture. I’m leading my church family in Communion on Sunday, and I’ll be using Matthew 28:1-10 as my guide. Today and tomorrow I’ll continue building my May 2018 sermon on “Pride & Prejudice” from the end of Chapter 1 and the start of Chapter 2 of the Book Of James.
That’s all for now. Keep moving forward towards God’s bright light. Remember that it’s Friday now, but Sunday is coming !
- “No One Like Our God” – Lincoln Brewster [# 1 last week / 11TH week on chart]
- “Gracefully Broken” – Matt Redman Ft. Tasha Cobbs Leonard [2 / 15TH]
- “Freedom Hymn” – Austin French [- / 1ST]
- “Fear Is A Liar” – Zach Williams [4 / 7TH]
- “Resurrection Power” – Chris Tomlin [5 / 7TH]
- “Come To The Table” – Sidewalk Prophets [6 / 8TH]
- “I Just Need U.” – TobyMac [- / 1ST]
- “Reckless Love” – Cory Asbury [- / 1ST]
- “What A Friend” – Matt Maher [- / 1ST]
- “So Will I (100 Billion X)” – Hillsong UNITED [8 / 3RD]
Lincoln Brewster holds at # 1 for a 3RD week in a row on my personal weekly Christian music chart, and “Gracefully Broken” holds steady at # 2 for the 3RD week in a row following its 6-week reign at # 1.
Entering the chart – straight-in at # 3 this week – is newcomer Austin French with his “Freedom Hymn”. Austin was actually the runner-up of the ABC-TV singing competition show “Rising Star” during its lone season in the Summer of 2014. “Freedom Hymn” celebrates chains breaking, a heart changing, and a soul forgiven.
I frequently preach about freedom. Back before I was saved – I was a slave to the world, and I didn’t even know it. Now I’m free. I never experienced true freedom – until God placed me on this fantastic journey. I am freer today than I was yesterday, and I’ll be freer tomorrow than I am today. God is freedom.
For you have been called to live in freedom – my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead – use your freedom to serve one another in love. (Galatians 5:13 NLT)
Thank You – my brothers and sisters – for liking and following my blog. May God bless you – always and forever – as you walk towards His bright light.