Every Monday I post my all-new Top 10 Christian hit music chart based on personal preference and influenced by radio airplay. It’s the continuation of a weekly hobby that goes back 40+ years. Here it is – for the week ending Sunday May 03RD 2020:
- “Almost Home” – MercyMe [# 1 last week / 20TH week on chart]
- “I Will Fear No More” – The Afters [3 / 15TH]
- “(I’ll) Never Let You Down” – Hawk Nelson Ft. Hunter & Tara [4 / 6TH]
- “Alive And Breathing” – Matt Maher [2 / 8TH]
- “Your Name Is Power” – Rend Collective [5 / 17TH]
- “Great Things” – Phil Wickham [10 / 2ND]
- “The God Who Stays” – Matthew West [7 / 24TH]
- “Waymaker” – Michael W. Smith Ft. Vanessa Campagna [8 / 15TH]
- “Keep Me In The Moment” – Jeremy Camp [9 / 3RD]
- “Love” – We Are Messengers [- / 1ST]
It’s May now, and MercyMe is still there at # 1. They’ve been there since February. This is the 11TH week in a row at # 1 for “Almost Home”. That makes it the longest-running # 1 smash on my chart of the current era which began 3 years and 3 months ago. Going back even further it’s the longest-running # 1 smash since 2009 when “Open Season” from Air Five spent 11 weeks at # 1.
At the other end of my chart We Are Messengers are back with some “Love” for us. It’s their 5TH hit on my chart over the past 3 years and 3 months. Their “Magnify” was one of the earliest hits I heard on the radio back in 2017 when I returned to Christian radio after more than 7 years away. I saw We Are Messengers LIVE in concert last year while their 3RD hit – “Maybe It’s OK” – was # 1 on my chart. They put on a great set !
Here’s the official video with lyrics for “Love”. You can’t sit down for this one. You need to get up out of your chair or couch, and sing and dance along to these fun people in the video. After that share the video with someone you love. Support positive and encouraging Christian music on the radio and at retail.
This concludes another weekend of blog posts. I’ll do it again this upcoming weekend – with 4 new entries on Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday. I don’t blog on Saturdays. That’s my day of rest.
Your likes, follows, and comments are always appreciated. Thank You for being part of my online ministry to share God’s Good News and win souls for Christ through His music. I’m also on Twitter and Flickr.
Be blessed my friends ! May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
All rights reserved (c) 2020 Christopher M. Day, CountUp Ministries