Here are my takeaways from this morning’s Life Pointe Church experience:
– The main lobby carpet was sparkling clean – because of Richie N.
– He hijacked Flagship Cinemas‘ vacuum cleaner and went to work.
– Kelly D. and Mark S. had an argument spirited discussion about tablecloths.
– Kelly D. takes great pride in the preparation of her 3 Café tables.
– This week’s Johnson count – 4 – J.T., Anne J., LL Phil J., and Marcela.
– Jesse is neither a Priest nor a Pastor; however, he is truly a Leader.
– Jesse is a Leader at home, and he is a Leader at work.
– Jesse was our Leader at church – leading this week’s message.
– Jesse is my favourite Life Pointe Church blogger.
– Jesse is one of the last remaining Life Pointe Church bloggers.
– Jesse gave me at least 4 shout-outs during the first service.
– Jesse stated that I inspire him and others.
– Jesse constantly inspires me to think bigger and do more on this journey.
– I am glad that Jesse is an integral part of this journey for me.
– This week’s message was based on 1 Peter 5:1-7.
Advice for Elders and Young Men
1 And now, a word to you who are elders in the churches. I, too, am an elder and a witness to the sufferings of Christ. And I, too, will share in His glory when He is revealed to the whole world. As a fellow elder, I appeal to you:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly — not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God.
3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.
4 And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor.
5 In the same way, you younger men must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, serve each other in humility, for “God opposes the proud but favors the humble.”
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor.
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.