If a Tuesday night ever goes by without me posting my ‘Grab Bag O’ Thoughts’ with no advance explanation whatsoever then please call the cops because something bad must have happened to me !
1. For the first time since the mid-1980s I am NOT watching “The Tonight Show” on NBC-TV. Johnny Carson was the King of Late Night, and Jay Leno followed-up admirably for 17 years. I rarely missed a show (on tape). I am NOT a fan of Conan O’Brien. Nothing personal. I just don’t like his unique style of comedy. I’ll be awaiting “The Jay Leno Show” weeknights this Fall at 10 PM.
2. “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here !“, and I’m so addicted – all over again ! I was actually one of the few fans of the original 2003 ABC-TV incarnation of the show, and here we go again in 2009 with more D-List celebrities out in the jungle again. I reserve the right to remain silent regarding my opinions on apparent Christians Heidi and Spencer.
3. Dude the “Ice Road Truckers” are back in action on History, and my Sunday nights this Summer are now so totally complete. It’s the most riveting one-hour of television for me every single week. It’s my adrenaline rush on a Sunday night, and it’s probably the last thing I need right before I go to sleep prior to the start of another new work week.
4. Homestead Air Reserve Base received 13.01 inches of rain during the second-half of May. That’s more rain than the base received combined during the 7½ months prior to that going back to the start of last October. As it turns out it was one of the wettest Mays in modern recorded history. What a wild way to end one of the dryest of dry seasons in modern recorded history.
5. My extended 87-hour 42ND birthday celebration weekend commences in less than 48 hours this Thursday afternoon at 1530 local. That’s 3:30 PM to those of you non-military types (2:30 PM Central / 1:30 PM Mountain / 12:30 PM Pacific). I’ve got what is expected to be a totally crammed weekend of events that are now piled up high just as soon as the long weekend begins for me. But even that is no excuse to abandon my blogging ministry, so be sure to stick around and watch what happens ! You won’t regret it pal.