This past Saturday me and a buddy went exploring deep down into the Florida Keys; hence, continuing my ‘2009 Economic Stimulus Tour’ (of tourist attractions).
We visited the following places (in chronological order):
1. Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park (Card Sound Road)
– We got eaten alive by hundreds of biting mosquitoes there. I’m still scratching.
2. Long Key State Park (MM-67.4)
– Nice nature trail that leads to an observation tower.
3. Curry Hammock State Park (MM-56.2)
– Popular family beach with a couple of tour buses and lots of kids playing.
4. Sombrero Beach (MM-50.5)
– Nice public beach owned and operated by the City of Marathon.
5. Crane Point (MM-50.5)
– Museum / Nature Center / Historic Site – My favourite place that we visited.