This morning I preached a sermon titled “Wisdom & Temptation”. Here are my highlights:
- You’re gonna need God’s wisdom to make many of life’s decisions.
- When you ask God for guidance, for direction, for wisdom, for a way forward – do not waver. Listen to the Lord. Trust in the Lord.
- Admit that you need God. Say it out loud, “I NEED YOU GOD !”
- God hates pride. It’s 1 of the 7 deadly sins, but it may be the worst of them all, as it causes all other sins.
- God loves humility. Humility cures pride. Humility crushes egos. Humility opens hearts. Humility invites wisdom.
- Wisdom is seeing life from God’s point-of-view.
- God loves to give us wisdom. God is pleased when we are thankful. He loves to see His children showing trust and faith in Him. That’s how we worship God.
- God’s trials will help you grow in faith. His trials make our faith stronger.
- The devil’s temptations will cause you to sin. Sin separates us from God.
- God is not responsible at all for the hate and evil in the world.
- God is perfect in every way on every day. The devil is not. All evil comes from Satan.
- Temptation is the work of the devil – and his dirty deeds – done dirt cheap.
- The devil uses desire – which leads to deception – which causes disobedience – which leads to death.
- The devil is real. The devil is a liar. The devil steals and kills and destroys.
Read James 1:2-8, 12-15; Proverbs 8:13, 11:2, 2:6, 9:11-12; Colossians 2:8; Hebrews 11:6; Deuteronomy 32:4; 1 Corinthians 10:13