1. I do my best thinking and dreaming while in the shower, and while driving to work in the dark in the morning. I wish I remembered more of my thoughts, hopes, and dreams from the morning later on in the day when it’s more opportunistic for me to seize more moments.
2. When me, my Mom, and my Dad first moved in to our new house in Lanham Maryland in February of 1975 the very first beverage that I drank in that new house was a can of Dr. Pepper. I don’t think that I’ve had a Dr. Pepper since then.
3. My favourite person in the entire world is my brother. I’ve known him since November of 1980 even though he was born 5½ years earlier. I say that because before November of 1980 I wasn’t allowed within a 50-foot radius of him.
4. I promised to make Ela the subject of the 4TH ‘Grab Bag O’ Thought’. (I just got off of the telephone with her.) A Tuesday afternoon is simply not complete until she has called me to inform me of the obvious – that I’ll be serving The Lord at Life Pointe Church on Sunday morning. Ela is one of God’s great gifts in my new Life.
5. A nice way to wish me a very Merry Christmas during this festive holiday season is to feed me food.
6. I’m about a day away from reestablishing contact with a former co-worker, friend, and practical mentor of mine from 20 years ago when I first started working at the air base in Homestead. It seems that he’s a good friend with a current co-worker of mine. We discovered that we have a mutual friend just this afternoon. It’s a small world after all !
7. My electronic thermostat is set at 74°F 7 nights a week from 7 PM until 6 AM the next morning. I like it like that.
8. From 1975 to 1980 I was a Cub Scout, a WEBELOS Scout, and a Boy Scout. Fellow WordPress Blogger Stephen Hollifield is bringing back memories of those memorable scouting years with all of his recent blog entries of late regarding hiking up in the mountains with a 20-pound backpack. I think I can. I think I can !
9. It’s ironic, but one of my favourite Christmas songs on the radio is actually a really sad one – “I Hate Christmas Parties” by Matthew Thiessen & The Earthquakes (a side-band of Relient K). You can see the music video here. Everytime I hear it it invokes memories of Christmas past for me. It gives me the chills. It brings tears to my eyes. I can relate.
10. A & W Root Beer‘s got that frosty mug taste !