– This was my very first Life Pointe Church service in ‘HD‘.
– That’s right – I have new glasses now, so I can see clearly now.
– The increasingly bearded Pastor Travis led this morning’s teaching.
– It was Part 9 of our current ‘Rebel’ message series that started on Easter.
– This morning’s teaching was entitled ‘Rebel Love: Riot Gear’.
– It was based on 1 Peter 3:8-22.
– God is working in each of us.
– He wants us to be victorious in Life – through the good times and the bad times.
– We must be confident in His authority and His power for victory.
– We must trust our gut only when God is in charge of it.
– We must never trust in ourselves.
– We will never know better than God.
– The only truth comes from God and Scripture.
– His Good News should be our owner’s manual.
– Satisfaction is always guaranteed with God.
1 Peter 3:10-12 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
10 For the Scriptures say,
“If you want to enjoy Life
and see many happy days,
keep your tongue from speaking evil
and your lips from telling lies.
11 Turn away from evil and do good.
Search for peace, and work to maintain it.
12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
and His ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns His face
against those who do evil.”