– This morning we met corporately for the final time of the year and decade.
– Youth Pastor Mark S. filled in admirably for Lead Pastor Travis.
– Mark continued our “LoveWorn” message series and campaign.
– It was all about ‘Thread Bare Love’.
– It’s Love worn by us for others – our brothers, sisters, and neighbours.
– It’s comfortable, warm, and used – but still very full of Love for all.
– It’s appropriate everywhere – at home, school, work, stores, and in traffic.
– You don’t need to preach to teach what God is all about.
– The Bible says Love comes from God, for God is Love.
– Many people of this world don’t follow God because of His followers.
– Many of His followers don’t Love like God Loves.
– God instructs us to Love all of His creations – even those who don’t Love us.
– Love never wears out – it’s forever.
1 John 4:7-21 (NLT, 2ND Ed.) – Loving One Another
7 Dear friends, let us continue to Love one another, for Love comes from God. Anyone who Loves is a child of God and knows God.
8 But anyone who does not Love does not know God, for God is Love.
9 God showed how much He Loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal Life through Him.
10 This is real Love — not that we Loved God, but that He Loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
11 Dear friends, since God Loved us that much, we surely ought to Love each other.
12 No one has ever seen God. But if we Love each other, God lives in us, and His Love is brought to full expression in us.
13 And God has given us His Spirit as proof that we live in Him and He in us.
14 Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.
15 All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God.
16 We know how much God Loves us, and we have put our trust in His Love. God is Love, and all who live in Love live in God, and God lives in them.
17 And as we live in God, our Love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
18 Such Love has no fear, because perfect Love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced His perfect Love.
19 We Love each other because He Loved us first.
20 If someone says, “I Love God,” but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t Love people we can see, how can we Love God, whom we cannot see ?
21 And He has given us this command: Those who Love God must also Love their Christian brothers and sisters.