It’s the middle Sunday of November of 2009 in the year of our Lord, and here are my takeaways in 15 words or less from this morning at the L-P-C:
– Kicking things off was an all-new ‘Praise & Worship’ band.
– But the’re not so new if you’ve attended service at our southwest campus.
– Our Plantation Key band got it done at the start of both services.
– They rocked and they rolled like nobody’s business.
– They were definitely cool like that.
– I hosted the first service for the first time ever.
– I read from 1 Peter 1:13-20 to lead us in to Communion.
– God’s ransom saved us – and that ransom – was the Life of Christ.
– God chose Him as His ransom long before the world began.
– Pastor Travis brought this week’s message all about ‘Friends & Neighbors’.
– If we treat our neighbours bad or not at all then we’re doing the same to God.
– Our friends and neighbours should easily see the work of Jesus in us.
– We should embody Jesus and be like Him to all of those around us.
– We should be like Him all of the time – not some of the time.
– We’re either hot or we’re cold when it comes to being like Jesus.
– We can’t be lukewarm, for we can’t serve two masters.
– Our embodiment of Jesus Christ must be consistent and unwavering.
This morning’s message was based on the following Scriptures out of God’s Great News: Acts 1:8, John 1:1 / 1:14, Matthew 10:40, Proverbs 18:24 / 27:14.
Matthew 10:40 (NLT, 2ND Ed.):
Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me.
I’ll be out-of-town over the next two Sunday mornings, but I’ll be thinking about you wild and crazy cats from afar. Love your friends and neighbours, and invite them onto our fantastic journey. I’ll be back at the movie theatre three Sunday mornings from now on the 06TH of December as we kick-off our Christmas season at Life Pointe Church. Have a safe and festive Thanksgiving my friends !