‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the ‘net – all my friends and fans kept checking – to see if a new blog post they could get. Have no fear, for here it is – a special Christmas Eve edition of the ‘Key Lime Pie’ from Chris – direct from our Plantation Key campus:
– Our campus in the upper Florida Keys is a tad over 38 miles from home.
– It’s generally a treacherous 45-minute drive one-way.
– It’s worth the miles and the drive to praise and worship Christ in public.
– In many countries around the world you can be sent to jail for doing that.
– We’re so lucky and fortunate to be able to live here in Freedom.
– God’s Kingdom is everywhere – even where there’s no freedom.
– There are no boundaries as to where God can reach you.
– He can reach you right there where you are right now.
– Even if you’re at hell’s gates of fire – He can rescue and save you.
– You’ve just got to believe and trust in Him.
– If you already believe and trust then share your faith with others.
– Let them see what Christ is doing deep within your mind, heart, and soul.
– At tonight’s Christmas Eve service we praised and worshipped Him.
– We sang some Christmas songs, as He listened intently.
– Our Kids Life kids sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Jesus.
– Zech and I took turns reading Scripture out of Isaiah (7:10-14 / 9:2-7).
– Lead Pastor Travis read from Luke 1 & 2 – all about the birth of Jesus.
Luke 2:1-7 (NLT, 2ND Ed.) – The Birth Of Jesus
1 At that time the Roman emperor, Augustus, decreed that a census should be taken throughout the Roman Empire.
2 (This was the first census taken when Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
3 All returned to their own ancestral towns to register for this census.
4 And because Joseph was a descendant of King David, he had to go to Bethlehem in Judea, David’s ancient home. He traveled there from the village of Nazareth in Galilee.
5 He took with him Mary, his fiancée, who was now obviously pregnant.
6 And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born.
7 She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.
Have yourself a very Merry Christmas my friends – my brothers – my sisters. Remember the real purpose of this most special of special days.