– This morning I returned to Life Pointe Church following a two-week hiatus.
– I pulled off along the side of the road that is this journey to take a breather.
– Now I’m back on the main highway.
– I’m not quite at full cruising speed yet, but I’ll get there.
– It just felt totally right to be back in the action this morning.
– We had a special guest speaker lead our services this morning.
– He’s Pastor Nick Park of The Solid Rock Church in Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland.
– He’s been there since its creation 15 years ago in 1994.
– He was saved 13 years before that in 1981.
– He was previously a suicidal homeless drunk.
– God rescued him and pulled him out of the world of evil and darkness.
– There is a great cloud of witnesses that are cheering us on.
– The vast communion of saints are applauding.
– Now is not the time to turn on, tune in, and drop out.
– Don’t be a seasonal follower of God and then give up and run away.
– When the going gets tough – the tough get going – to God !
– There are sins that live within each and every one of us.
– None of us is pure.
– Don’t feed that sin, or it could overwhelm you.
– Starve that sin so that you don’t backslide to where you came from.
– Keep the faith.
Hebrews 11:36-40 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
36 Some were jeered at, and their backs were cut open with whips. Others were chained in prisons.
37 Some died by stoning, some were sawed in half, and others were killed with the sword. Some went about wearing skins of sheep and goats, destitute and oppressed and mistreated.
38 They were too good for this world, wandering over deserts and mountains, hiding in caves and holes in the ground.
39 All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised.
40 For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us.