TODAY I went to my friendly workplace neighbourhood Chinese Food joint – Shanghai – to pick-up my usual paraphernalia – chicken with broccoli with pork fried rice and an egg roll. As usual it was ready within ’10 minute’. Oh yeah – and it was hot and delicious !
As a regular customer my dealer at Shanghai enabled me with 3 Fortune Cookies, so I present to you a ‘Triple Trifecta’ this week:
– ‘Wealth is the ability to fully experience Life.’
– ‘Welcome each day as a fresh new beginning.’
– You will always be successful in your professional career.’
1. After a rare one-week hiatus the legendary ‘Grab Bag’ is back with an all-new edition. Last Tuesday night at this time I was at sea in the Florida Straits a few hours southwest of Key West on my way to Cozumel Mexico aboard the Fun Ship Carnival Imagination. In case you missed it I blogged my ‘Carnival Imagination Grab Bag O’ Thoughts‘ last Friday night.
2. I enjoyed a 231-hour vacation from the mid-afternoon of Friday September 04TH through the early-morning of Monday September 14TH. That’s about 69 hours before the cruise, 92 hours on the cruise, and 70 hours after the cruise. My cruise was virtually smack in the middle of my extended vacation bookended by dual three-day weekends. It’s crazy how those numbers worked out that way !
3. I watched and enjoyed the series premiere of ‘The Jay Leno Show‘ last night, and so did a lot of you. It was a runaway smash in the ratings. I’ll be DVRing it tonight because I’ll be watching the LIVE season finale of ‘Big Brother 11‘ tonight. This was the most successful season ever as far as viewership is concerned. I will definitely miss it during the off-season.
4. My beloved Washington Redskins are in familiar territory – dead last in the rough and tough NFC East division. They lost their season opener to the Giants of New Jersey 23-17, but the game really wasn’t as close as the final score. I’m thinking that my ‘Skins should have an easier time this Sunday afternoon in their home opener against the lowly Rams. They are favoured by 10 points with an over / under of 36.5, so that equates to (roughly) a 23-13 win. I’d rather see a blowout such as 42-3.
5. We’re about a month away from seeing cold fronts reach and sweep through America’s Riviera on a regular basis. Those frontal systems from the north and west will drop our humidity and temperature ever so slowly. It’ll be an El Niño winter, so don’t look for the unusually frigid and bone dry winter season that we went through late last year / early this year. Look for a wetter and milder than normal ‘dry’ season. Last season we had between 15 and 20 mornings that started in the 30s and 40s. I’m forecasting less than 10 of those such mornings for the upcoming winter season.