– The ongoing ‘Misfortune Cookie’ message series continued this morning.
– It was all about kids and the parents that lead them.
– Many kids today are not led, as they are left to fend for themselves.
– These unled kids are likely to be lost to the world as they grow up.
– God calls all parents to lead their children to be wise and godly.
– God calls all children to be wise and give joy to their parents.
– “Do as I say – not as I do” is not leadership, but rather a lame cop-out.
– Lessons are caught – not taught.
– Some people of the world would love Jesus if it weren’t for His followers.
– Many of His followers are simply not leaders in their families or their jobs.
– Any given church is a mere one generation away from being extinct.
– Lead your children.
– If you have no children then lead a ministry in God’s Great Kingdom.
Today’s message was based on the following Scriptures out of The Good News: Proverbs 23:24-25, Matthew 19:29, 1 Corinthians 7:6-7, 35, Psalm 78:1-8.
1 Corinthians 7:6-7, 35:
6 I say this as a concession, not as a command.
7 But I wish everyone were single, just as I am. Yet each person has a special gift from God, of one kind or another.
35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.
This morning was the unexpected final appearance of Jesse and Reina Santoyo at Life Pointe Church.
Jesse – I remember when you first arrived here and joined our church family some 29 months ago. You eagerly took over as the new leader of our ‘Praise & Worship’ band. Your leadership as the leader of the band, a leader of our church family, and a leader in God’s Great Kingdom has truly inspired me to grow to be a greater Disciple on His fantastic journey for me. Thank You for being a friend and a leader to me, and Thank You for sharing your Life with me via your blog. Go forth to something bigger and better. Let God show you the way like only He can and will. Lead Reina, Diego, Zion Max, and the rest of Los Santoyos to a brighter daylight. May God Bless You and Yours forever mi amigo. Keep in touch dude !