It’s the continuing saga that is my weekly ‘Grab Bag O’ Thoughts’:
1. Today was an unusually peaceful and quiet day at work. It nearly got boring for me at times. I could have taken a short nap. No not really, but I was actually hoping for some excitement or controversy during the course of the work day today. I got just a little bit of that, but I could have handled even more.
2. After work this afternoon I ventured over to Homestead‘s fresh new Bed Bath & Beyond for the first time ever. It’s one of my favourite stores in the entire world. Once upon a time no weekend visit to The Shops At Sunset Place in South Miami was complete without a well-orchestrated stop at the Bed Bath & Beyond at Dadeland Station in Downtown Kendall. I could have spent a hundred or so dollars at that joint this afternoon, but I spent a tiny fraction of that instead on a few key items. I may have to return back to the scene of the crime in a few days to take another round-robin tour. YOU KNOW IT !
3. My nearly year-long search for a new Family Practice Doctor here in the local Homestead area is winding down, and I think that I’ve finally got one selected. My next step is to actually schedule a complete physical with the M.D. (Medical Dude). I hope to do that before the close of this week. My new Doctor will tell me if Lipitor is right for me. I’ve been without it for nearly a year now, and I’m still alive !
4. I’ve recently discovered JCTV on my AT&T U-verse. It’s just like MTV from about 15 to 20 years ago with lots of music videos shown through the day and into the night and a few shows programmed around the hour-long video blocks. The ‘JC’ in JCTV stands for Jesus Christ, and it’s all about Him. They too (like The Call on the radio) gear all of their content and programming towards the teen and young adult crowd as if there just aren’t any older adults that are closer to my age that need to be rescued and saved by God and ministered to. I knew my blog had a real purpose. This is the purpose driven blog.
5. This blog will record its remarkable 200,000TH hit (since its inception in 2007) this Thursday night. Thank You everyone for continuing to support this blog by checking it out, reading it, commenting on it, discussing it, and telling all of your friends about it. I do it all for you. It’s a sincere pleasure to be able to share my new Life with each and every one of you. I thank you for sharing your Life with me.