Here’s what’s on my mind on this 3RD Tuesday night of July of 2009:
1. My long day at work is finally complete, and I believe that my gradual transition from ‘computer geek’ to ‘financial wizard’ is now official. For nearly 10 hours today I was never too far away from a calculator and a constantly-evolving EXCEL spreadsheet. I played with more numbers (in the form of dollar amounts) today than on possibly any other day in modern recorded history. I loved every single dollar and cent of it too !
2. ‘The debate over whether or not global warming exists is over.’ FALSE ! That’s an ‘easy-out’ statement that’s freely used by those followers of the media and the various special interest groups who believe in its existence but can’t provide any logical reasons why. There is just as much scientific evidence out there that we are experiencing global cooling. It is simply politically correct to join the ‘we must save the Earth from global warming’ bandwagon. I don’t join bandwagons. I start them.
3. Speaking of bandwagons I have never ever in my entire adult life accessed the Facebook web site, and I have no plans (or urge) to do so at this time. Facebook is the new Myspace which was the new Yahoo which was the new AOL. In a couple of years everyone on Facebook will gradually abandon it and move on to whatever else is hot at the time. Meanwhile I’ll still be here blogging.
4. I saw an excellent hour-long special on Discovery Channel last night entitled “When We Left Earth: 40th Anniversary Special”. It was a great historical presentation of all of the various Apollo missions that led up to Apollo 11 that finally landed a Man on the Moon before the close of the decade that was the 1960s. Good show. Very educational.
5. Exactly 30 months ago today – on the 21st of January of 2007 – I became a part of Life Pointe Church. It was not when I went to church for the first time in some 30 years, but rather when I became the church for the first time in some 30 years. The church is not the building. The church is the living and breathing body that follows, obeys, and loves Our Lord Jesus Christ. I am the church. We are the church. Let us be the church. Forever and ever. Amen.