– It was a near freezing cold morning here in Homestead.
– Air temperatures were in the low-40s with wind chills in the upper-30s !
– But it was actually warm and pleasant inside the Flagship Cinemas 14.
– For the first time in a long time I did not attend the first (9 AM) service.
– I mostly hung out with Linda M. at the pier door.
– Linda is as encouraging and inspirational as can be.
– She’s come a long way on her journey in the short time that I’ve known her.
– After hosting the first service several times God blessed me this morning.
– He gave me the opportunity to host the second service, and I ran with it.
– This morning’s Communion Scripture came from Luke 22:14-20 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
– It’s a brand new month – a brand new year – and a brand new decade.
– God LOVES to make everything brand new again.
– He LOVES to give us all fresh new starts.
– We had a Special Guest Pastor with us this morning.
– He’s a son of God, a husband, a dad, a church planter, and a Pastor.
– He drove over 600 miles yesterday to deliver the Good News of God to us.
– He’s starting up Baypointe Church on the white sands of Panama City Beach.
– He’s Pastor Ben Liles, and he loves Jesus Christ intensely.
– He continued our ‘LoveWorn’ message series.
– Our acceptance of others is a direct reflection of our faith in God.
– How accepting are we of all of God’s children and creations ?
– How intensely do we believe and trust and love Jesus ?
John 1:10-13 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
10 He came into the very world He created, but the world didn’t recognize Him.
11 He came to His own people, and even they rejected Him.
12 But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.
13 They are reborn — not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
– He was a foreigner – just like we were all once foreigners of God.
– He knows all of us, but how well do we really know Him ?
– Do we know Him only on Sunday mornings, or do we know Him always ?
– I always believed in God, and acknowledged His existence.
– But I didn’t know who He was until 40 months ago when He saved me.
– No matter how deep into the dark you are now God can save you now.
– The enemy is always trying hard to reach you, but God is the only Almighty !
Ephesians 2:12-13 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
12 In those days you were living apart from Christ. You were excluded from citizenship among the people of Israel, and you did not know the covenant promises God had made to them. You lived in this world without God and without hope.
13 But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to Him through the blood of Christ.
– I’m no longer a foreigner to God, for I’m now a foreigner to this world.
– The world does not dictate to me how I should act and what I should say.
– I’d rather stand up to the world and reject all that it throws at me.
– If the world calls me out as a radical extremist then I concur.
– Jesus Christ was a radical extremist, and I wish to follow Him aggressively.
1 Peter 2:11-12 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
11 Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.
12 Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when He judges the world.