– It was clearly the coldest Sunday morning in Life Pointe Church history !
– It was 35°F at 8 AM, 36°F at 9 AM, 38°F at 10 AM – with wind chills in the 20s !
– Everyone ran into the movie theatre to get in on some HEAT !
– Lead Pastor Travis arrived all by himself without his wife and kids.
– It was rad to have Trav back on stage for the first time since before Christmas.
– He concluded our long-running “LoveWorn” message series.
– This morning’s message was subtitled “Love Worn In Community”.
– Community is not cheap or easy.
– It is foundational to the character of God.
– God created us in His image.
– He created us for a community-based Life.
– He gave us a purpose to live Life with one another.
– The church should not be a building.
– The church should be the living breathing body of a diverse group of people.
– Racial and financial status should be irrelevant within the church community.
– We must always be the church no matter where we are.
– A Godly community creates Life change and the miraculous.
– Now is the time at Life Pointe where you can take part in such a community.
– Life Group registration is happenin’ now !
– I registered for a Life Group on my connection card at the first service.
– You can also register online at life-pointe.com/lifegroups.
– There are about a dozen Life Groups to choose from on nearly every night.
– Pick one that’s convenient for you, and commit to it.
– It’s a critical part of your spiritual growth following Jesus Christ.
– You can’t walk this fantastic journey alone, and there’s no need to do so.
– Walk this journey with those who follow, believe, trust, and love Jesus Christ.
This morning’s message was based on the following Scripture out of the Good News of our Lord – Acts 2:42-47, Acts 20:20, Genesis 1:26, Genesis 28:3, Genesis 35:11, Hebrews 10:24-25, Philippians 2:4, Psalm 133, Romans 12:9-10, Romans 12:13.
Acts 2:42-47 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
The Believers Form A Community
42 All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders.
44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.
45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.
46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity –
47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.