This past Sunday morning at 9:30 AM at Cambier Park ‘in the heart of Olde Naples’ I attended a church service. Here are my takeaways:
– It was the 2ND week of their 5-week message series entitled ‘Be The Church’.
– The service started with about 30 minutes of ‘Praise & Worship’.
– The music could best be described as Tropical SW Florida Christian Contemporary.
– The prayer between the song selections was powerful and amazing.
– Jesus loves me this I know – For the Bible tells me so.
– Senior Pastor Gene Scott brought the message.
– God is God – I am not !
– Moment # 1: God creates the family.
– It’s a divinely ordained idea.
– The blame game begins, as Adam blames Eve.
– Moment # 2: The family sins.
– Each and every one of us is a sinner, as we were born into it.
– Moment # 3: God creates the new family.
– It’s a new family of believers.
– We love God, we love people, and we serve the world.
– That’s solitude, community, and ministry.
– It’s the power of connection.
– It is better to eat Twinkies with good friends than to eat broccoli alone.
– It’s not about the steeple – it’s about the people.
– Your past can’t hurt you – unless you allow it.
– Do not judge or you too will be judged.
– God forgives, The Holy Spirit convicts, and we must just love.
This message was based on the following Scriptures out of the Good News: Ephesians 3:14-15, Genesis 3, John 15:12, Mark 3:21, Mark 3:33-34, Pslam 27:10, Revelation 22:17.