Since I missed the Sunday morning services at the Homestead movie theatre I decided that a visit to the Plantation Key campus of Life Pointe Church was necessary. It was my first visit there in nearly 5 months. Here are my takeaways:
– The ‘Misfortune Cookie’ message series continues.
– This week’s message topic – ‘Making Fists Full Of Cash Fried Rice’.
– Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money; it robs them of Life.
– How you approach your money is the difference between Life and death.
– You can’t serve two masters.
– Don’t let the money master you.
– Always remember that the money is not yours – it’s God’s.
– Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper.
– The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.
– Never let the money interfere with your pursuit of Jesus.
– Wealth should be used to advance the Good News and expand His Kingdom.
– I want to be a solution to the world’s problems.
This message was based on the following Scriptures out of the Good News: 1 Chronicles 29:11-12, 1 John 3:16, Luke 6:38, Mark 8:31-37, Proverbs 1:19, 11:1, 11:4, 11:25, 11:28, 13:4, 21:20, 22:7
This past Sunday morning at 9:30 AM at Cambier Park ‘in the heart of Olde Naples’ I attended a church service. Here are my takeaways:
– It was the 2ND week of their 5-week message series entitled ‘Be The Church’.
– The service started with about 30 minutes of ‘Praise & Worship’.
– The music could best be described as Tropical SW Florida Christian Contemporary.
– The prayer between the song selections was powerful and amazing.
– Jesus loves me this I know – For the Bible tells me so.
– Senior Pastor Gene Scott brought the message.
– God is God – I am not !
– Moment # 1: God creates the family.
– It’s a divinely ordained idea.
– The blame game begins, as Adam blames Eve.
– Moment # 2: The family sins.
– Each and every one of us is a sinner, as we were born into it.
– Moment # 3: God creates the new family.
– It’s a new family of believers.
– We love God, we love people, and we serve the world.
– That’s solitude, community, and ministry.
– It’s the power of connection.
– It is better to eat Twinkies with good friends than to eat broccoli alone.
– It’s not about the steeple – it’s about the people.
– Your past can’t hurt you – unless you allow it.
– Do not judge or you too will be judged.
– God forgives, The Holy Spirit convicts, and we must just love.
This message was based on the following Scriptures out of the Good News: Ephesians 3:14-15, Genesis 3, John 15:12, Mark 3:21, Mark 3:33-34, Pslam 27:10, Revelation 22:17.
Celebration Community Beach Church – official web site / active WordPress blog