– It’s the middle Sunday (of 5) during this month of January of 2010.
– It’s my 3RD anniversary at Life Pointe Church !
– It’s a 3-day holiday weekend for most of us.
– It was 79°F at 10 AM & 11 AM – more than 40°F warmer than last Sunday AM.
– The A.C. was cranking inside.
– We were very comfy inside, but there’s an entire nation that suffering.
– We stood up and prayed to God for our brothers and sisters in Haiti.
– Where is God in all of that mass chaos ?
– God is pulling survivors out of the wreckage.
– God is spearheading the humanitarian efforts.
– God is getting fresh water and hot food to those who have none.
– God is in all of us who are standing up for a country in need.
– God represents all that is good that is goin’ on now.
– When the world is at its worst the church is at its best.
– The church body always bands together to organize resources where needed.
– We do this with little to no fanfare or recognition from the world.
– Lead Pastor Travis J. kicked off our fresh new message series this morning.
– It’s all about Elijah – one of the prophets in Israel during the 800s B.C.
– Elijah was totally dependent and unconditionally obedient towards God.
– Elijah did what God told him to do, and he was treated for doing so.
– We must all depend on God and totally trust in Him over everything else.
– God is the answer and the solution to everything.
– This morning’s teaching was based on 1 Kings 17.
– I based this morning’s Communion (9 AM service) on Hebrews 4:12-16:
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes, and He is the one to whom we are accountable.
14 That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to Him and never stop trusting Him.
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same temptations we do, yet He did not sin.
16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.