Time: 7:16 AM – 8:05 AM
Sky: Partly Cloudy
Relative Humidity: 99%
Winds: W 3 MPH
Barometric Pressure: 30.10 Rising
Here are my walking thoughts in 15 words or less:
– It’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day here in the U.S.A.
– That makes it a Federal holiday from coast to coast.
– Enjoy your day off, and make it a productive one.
– I didn’t walk this past Saturday morning, as I ended up sleeping in a bit.
– I didn’t walk the previous Saturday morning because it was freezing outside !
– But this morning was just right – a nice and comfy 59°F / 15°C.
– The air was totally saturated, and it felt real nice to my once dry skin.
– My hands were literally bleeding last week during the Arctic blast !
– But now the’re recuperating nicely in the typical South Florida humidity.
– There was little to no wind this morning, and that made it even more pleasant.
– I walked around my neighbourhood for the 4TH time during this cool season.
– It was the longest walk in modern history – 48.7 minutes / 2.6 miles !
– I’ve made tremendous progress on these walks over the past 25 months.
– My very first walk was back on Christmas Eve in 2007.
– Before that walk I had never previously done anything like this.
– Of course that excludes all of my runs and walks during my USAF tenure.
– These walks today mean so much more to me than those from back then.
– These are physical walks that are part of my spiritual walks on this journey.
– They are to help me become healthier and stronger – physically and mentally.
– At nearly 43-years-old I am now in the best physical condition of my life.
– Anyone who knew me before the Summer of 2006 will testify to that.
– I must be healthier and stronger so that I may serve God and mankind.
– Some people do their best thinking while going to sleep or waking up.
– Others think best while alone in the shower.
– I’m sure that some of you daydream while you drive 75 MPH !
– I do my best thinking while walking around my neighbourhood.
– My mind is clear as put foot in front of foot and move along the roadside.
– It’s just me and my kool iTunes playing in my ear via my Shuffle.
– I come up with some of my greatest ideas while walking.
– I should carry a voice recorder with me so that I can remember them all.
– I hope to enjoy many more early-morning brainstorming walks in my future.
– My walks won’t stop until I reach the top !