21 months ago I set sail on my longest cruise vacation ever – a two-week Mediterranean / TransAtlantic Carnival cruise from Rome Italy to Miami Florida. The cruise embarked on the central west coast of Italy at the port of Civitavecchia (west of Rome). It then proceeded up the coast to the northwestern port of Livorno (west of Florence y Pisa).
Hailing from Livorno Italy here’s famed Italian deejay Mario Piu with his 1999 / 2000 European techno smash entitled “Communication (Somebody Answer The Phone)”. Its unique riff is actually based on the interference onto electronic equipment that’s caused by ringing cell phones nearby.
I tend to think that one of the most annoying sounds in the entire world is a ringing cell phone. I embark on my next Carnival cruise in just 44 days. I can’t wait to get away from everyone else’s cell phone !
Guys – It’s time to grab that girl and hop aboard the “Love Train”. The next stop that we make – will be love. Don’t you know that it’s time to get on board ?
This weekend at the ‘Disco Party’ I’ve got The O’Jays out of Canton Ohio. This was by far the biggest smash of their long (and still going) careers. It’s a U.S. # 1 gold pop smash from the Spring of 1973, and here’s how America danced to it on one of the hottest music television shows of the time – “Soul Train”.
Let’s kick it with the “Love Train” on the “Soul Train”:
– It’s precisely 6:27 PM EDT as I begin these ‘Thursday Night Mini Thoughts’.
– That makes it a true Thursday night edition.
– I ate Dinner at Homestead‘s hot new Olive Garden for the first time ever.
– It’s also my first visit to any Olive Garden in perhaps 10 to 15 years.
– That place has been so jam-packed since its grande opening.
– It’s totally proof that we needed it all along.
– Restaurants that aren’t currently here – Are you paying attention ?
– We’re hungry and we want some good cookin’ in the neighbourhood.
– Bring it on Red Lobster !
– I enjoyed the ‘Tour Of Italy’ for Dinner.
– That’s lasagna, chicken parmigiana, and fettuccine alfredo.
– That’s amore !
– Tammy encouraged me to eat the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
– Great idea !
– I keep getting begged to join that evil empire known as Facebook.
– That’s not gonna happen.
– I don’t have time for it.
– I have no interest in it.
– I have no purpose on it.
– I’m a blogger – not a social butterfly.
– My time on the web in this new Life of mine is for ministering to non-believers.
– I know that I’m reaching them because I’ve heard from them.
– It’s also for sharing this new Life with my new friends.
– It’s not for chatting back-and-forth in real-time about nonsense.
– I don’t wish to meet or reunite with any of my old acquaintances.
– All of my new friends know where to find me.
– If you’re reading this blog entry then you found me.
– That means that this blog is working.
– This is where I shall be indefinitely.
– Check up on me when you can.
Today’s modern hit music should not be about ego-driven personalities or flashy music videos or eye-popping live performances. It should be about the words in the songs. Do they really mean anything relevant ? Can they change the world as we know it ? Do they benefit God’s Kingdom ?
Here’s an ENORMOUS Christian pop smash from Nevertheless that was in heavy rotation on the radio during the first 4 months of 2007 when my fantastic journey was still very young – building its sound foundation from the ground up – one baby step at a time.
So here I stand.
I’m ready for anything.
Just a man, but I’m giving everything.
We’re here only for a second.
And then we’re gone when we least expect it.
So do more than survive.
Let’s live like we’re alive !
It’s in the lyrics:
Here’s what’s on my mind on this 3RD Tuesday night of July of 2009:
1. My long day at work is finally complete, and I believe that my gradual transition from ‘computer geek’ to ‘financial wizard’ is now official. For nearly 10 hours today I was never too far away from a calculator and a constantly-evolving EXCEL spreadsheet. I played with more numbers (in the form of dollar amounts) today than on possibly any other day in modern recorded history. I loved every single dollar and cent of it too !
2. ‘The debate over whether or not global warming exists is over.’ FALSE ! That’s an ‘easy-out’ statement that’s freely used by those followers of the media and the various special interest groups who believe in its existence but can’t provide any logical reasons why. There is just as much scientific evidence out there that we are experiencing global cooling. It is simply politically correct to join the ‘we must save the Earth from global warming’ bandwagon. I don’t join bandwagons. I start them.
3. Speaking of bandwagons I have never ever in my entire adult life accessed the Facebook web site, and I have no plans (or urge) to do so at this time. Facebook is the new Myspace which was the new Yahoo which was the new AOL. In a couple of years everyone on Facebook will gradually abandon it and move on to whatever else is hot at the time. Meanwhile I’ll still be here blogging.
4. I saw an excellent hour-long special on Discovery Channel last night entitled “When We Left Earth: 40th Anniversary Special”. It was a great historical presentation of all of the various Apollo missions that led up to Apollo 11 that finally landed a Man on the Moon before the close of the decade that was the 1960s. Good show. Very educational.
5. Exactly 30 months ago today – on the 21st of January of 2007 – I became a part of Life Pointe Church. It was not when I went to church for the first time in some 30 years, but rather when I became the church for the first time in some 30 years. The church is not the building. The church is the living and breathing body that follows, obeys, and loves Our Lord Jesus Christ. I am the church. We are the church. Let us be the church. Forever and ever. Amen.
It was exactly 40 years ago today on the 20TH of July in 1969 that Man set foot on the Moon for the first time ever courtesy of NASA‘s Apollo 11.
Here’s a short 96-second video from CBS News that remembers that momentous day with the late great anchorman Walter Cronkite at the helm. The entire world was watching as Mr. Cronkite delivered the amazing news. His LIVE reaction is one of the most legendary moments in television broadcasting history.
WALTER CRONKITE: 1916-2009
Here are my takeaways from my Life Pointe Church experience this morning:
– Ask not what your church can do for you.
– Ask what you can do for Jesus Christ !
– Through the bad times and the good times – never give up on God.
– He is in the business of restoring and redeeming lives.
– He is never too far away – no matter how dark and evil you may be.
– Amazing Grace – how sweet the sound – that saved a wretch like me.
– I once was lost – but now am found – was blind but now I see.
– We must admit our sins and repent.
– Repentance heals our heart and soul.
– Can others see the Glory of God working in us via our heart and soul ?
– We must follow and obey God at all times – and use words if necessary.
– This week’s message was based on the following Books out of the Truth:
– Joel 2:12-17
– 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
2 Chronicles 7:13-14 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
13 At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you.
14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.