Trouble In The Tropics

Thanks to the continuing (and strengthening) El Niño phenomenon in the tropical Pacific Ocean conditions in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf Of Mexico remain rather hostile and counterproductive towards the development of tropical systems. One such system continues to struggle to get its act together. It’s located a couple of days away from the southern Windward Islands, and it will produce inclement (rainy and squally) weather for the Islands as soon as Tuesday night. I am forecasting it to eventually become an unorganized Tropical Depression. At this time I don’t see it becoming a Tropical Storm, but if it were to do so her name would be ‘Erika’. Any potential effects on North or Central America are still more than a week away.

6 Comments (+add yours?)

1. aj
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 22:27:06

Hey, Chris! What’s up?

2. The Major
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 16:10:13

Hi Anne J. !
    I hope that you and J.T. have a safe yet fun vacation up north !

3. Kelly Johnson
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 22:10:17

Thanks for the tropical updates! Enjoy your cruise next week. Remember, calories don’t count on vacation (especially on cruises).

4. The Major
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 22:22:27

Exactly – I plan to consume 6,000 calories per day – and burn at least 4,000 calories per day walking around looking for the food. That should leave me with a standard net gain of 2,000 calories per day. I’m getting hungry just thinking about all of that food to come … in the Tropics !

5. Kelly Johnson
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 07:39:31

Lol! Our last cruise ship had a basketball court (that converted to a volleyball court), skating rink, putt-putt, ice rink, workout room, spa, pool, exercise classes, climbing wall, and jogging track. We really enjoyed WATCHING everyone participate while we licked our frozen yogurt cones.

6. The Major
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 17:39:20

YES – You can do everything that you wish to do on a cruise ship and at the various ports-of-call – or nothing at all. I tend to opt for the middle-of-the-road. Eating has always been a high priority. Drinking used to be up until about 3 years ago. I may try some classic dance moves at the Disco late at night. Hopefully I won’t injure myself at my advanced age. 😯

%d bloggers like this: