3 FRIGID NIGHTS !
Get ready to bundle up yet again South Florida. This unusually cold winter season continues, and the cold Arctic air from up north is about to pour in full blast.
I’m forecasting early-morning temperatures for Homestead / Florida City in the lower-40s on Wednesday, mid-30s on Thursday, and lower-40s on Friday. Wind chills near freezing can be expected for several hours between 3 AM and 7 AM. Frost is not expected due to continuous winds. Maximum temperatures in the afternoon during this period should be in the lower-to-middle-60s.
This week I present to you the TOP 5 things that I’m most looking forward to on my upcoming Carnival cruise. Perhaps it will make you giggle out loud like a little girl:
5. Dressing up in my most elegant formal attire to shake hands with the Captain, introduce myself as ‘The Major’, and then indulge in rich hors d’oeuvres on fancy plates while watching old people dance the Charleston up on stage.
4. Dude – Those 100-minute 8-course dinners every single night of the week. Need I say more ? Hey I’m all about the food ! It’s all good like that !
3. Dancing out in the middle of the disco dance floor like it’s 1989 and I’m 22 years old. I still have some leftover dance moves in me that I never got to during the 1985 to 2005 time-frame. If I return to America’s Riviera in noticeable pain then you can pretty much surmise that I finally got to those dance moves out on the open seas. I may have made a total fool of myself, but it surely wouldn’t be the first time.
2. She’s sweet – I16 ! He’s on social security – O65 ! She’s got the sexy legs of Bingo – B11 ! Representing all of the States – G50 ! Middle-aged Bingo – N40 ! B I N G O ! ! !
1. Embarking on one long continuous ‘Major’s Walk-A-Thon’ up and down and all around all of the various decks from the time that I step on that cruise ship to the time that I step off of it. How else am I gonna work off the 4,750 calories that I’ll be consuming over the course of 5 MASSIVE meals per day ?
‘Monday Night Countdown’ returns in 2 weeks on Monday February 16TH 2009.