Let’s go GREEN !
There we go. I thought of this week’s countdown earlier today while eating my MASSIVE Chinese Food Lunch.
It’s my favourite green vegetables:
5. Lettuce – I can’t enjoy a MASSIVE half-pound swiss cheeseburger at Fuddruckers without lettuce – lots of it – shredded style. Perhaps I’ll be able to squeeze in a Lunch at Fuddruckers while in the northeast suburbs of Dallas Texas later this week. Danny ?
4. Celery – Give me a whole bunch of celery stalks and a bowl of french onion dip, and I’m good to go. I can’t eat just one. I’ve got to eat at least 21 !
3. Broccoli – It used to be my favourite green vegetable, but it’s slipped a couple of notches over time. If it’s not cooked properly then I don’t like it as much. It’s got to be cooked / steamed hard so that it’s soggy to the taste.
2. Spinach – I love to eat spinach. It makes me strong like Popeye The Sailor Man. If the spinach is creamed then it’s even tastier. A Thanksgiving Dinner is simply not complete without creamed spinach.
1. Collard Greens – Publix makes them pretty good, and so does Shiver’s in Naranja Lakes Florida (a local BBQ joint). This has recently climbed to the top spot because although my experiences with collard greens is admittingly limited I must state that the collard greens at Shiver’s is possibly tastier than anything else on the menu – including the sweet potato fries. In fact it may just be the most delicious food item that’s available for consumption on U.S. 1 in Miami-Dade County !
That’s how I rock and roll this week with your ‘Monday Night Countdown’. This blog is now going on a short two-day hiatus. I’ll be back on Thursday night to kick it into high gear with a fresh new ‘Thursday Night Mini Thoughts’. Until then – keep it real my vegan friends !