Here are my takeaways in 15 words or less:
– Alex did a bang-up job on the drums during Praise & Worship.
– The whole band totally rocked God’s house this morning.
– The band seems to be multiplying.
– I counted 9 of them up on stage.
– We didn’t sing just to hear ourselves sing.
– We sang so that God would clearly hear us.
– Pastor Mike B. presented the teaching this morning.
– It was all about Perseverance.
– I must follow God’s will for my Life despite the world around me.
– I must run the race that is marked out for me by God.
– I must be persistent in praying to Him.
– I must ask, seek, and knock – and never give up.
– God wants to give me Goodness.
– God wants to change my mind, heart, and soul.
– God chose me when I was a sinner.
– I must get up again after I get knocked down.
– Satan wants to keep me down and out for the count.
– God wants me to rise above it all and continue moving forward.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.
17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever !
18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.