– TODAY I begin my 28TH month at Life Pointe Church in Homestead Florida.
– It’s also the start of my 33RD month on this journey.
– Why do I keep counting up ?
– It’s because the higher the numbers the further away from darkness I am.
– Lead Pastor Travis led a strong message this morning.
– It was based on 1 Peter 1:13-22 and Romans 3:23 / 6:5-11 / 12:1-2.
– We are born into sin and separated from God.
– We are rebels with no cause.
– We have all sinned; therefore, we have all fallen short of God’s example.
– Death to self is the only way to a revolutionary Life in Jesus Christ.
– 32 months ago I was at my own funeral.
– It was the most alive I had ever been.
– That’s becaause God pulled the dead man out of me when I accepted Him.
– The dawn of a new Life had finally arrived.
– I’ve been chasing daylight ever since.
– I’m still a work in progress.
– I must never give up the mighty fight against evil and darkness.
1 Peter 1:13-16
A Call To Holy Living
13 So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.
14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.
15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.
16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”