This Just In: In the dark of the night it was revealed earlier today that ‘The Major’s Tweets’ had been temporarily removed from the weekly blogging schedule. It is now on hiatus – which is usually not a good sign. Anyone remember the ‘Lipitor Moment Of The Night’ ? Anyone ? Anyone ? I didn’t think so.
Returning to Monday nights here on the big blue blog it’s the venerable former hit series ‘Monday Night Countdown’ ! LET’S ROLL !
This week it’s the TOP 7 Persons, Places, and Things that randomly come to my mind at this precise moment:
1. Behnke – My brother will appreciate this one. As little kids in the late-1970s this was a fairly regular place that we (our family) used to visit to buy plants and mulch. It’s located on U.S. 1 in Beltsville Maryland. Me and my brother always pronounced it as ‘Bing-kees’.
2. Rick Dees – ‘Alex, I’ll take ‘Famous People Who Have Influenced My Life Over The Years’ for $1,600 please.’
3. 2032 – It’s the year that I turn 65-years-old. Can I get a what-what ?
4. Joo-Joo-Bee – It’s one of the many crazy nicknames that I had for my little feline buddy Boots (1993-2007).
5. Hialeah – In my nearly 22 years of living here in America’s Riviera I don’t believe that I have ever stepped foot in that city.
6. Royal – They used to totally rule the world of typewriters back in the day, and can you believe that they still make and sell them today ?
7. Dude Walker – He was a crazy morning deejay on TOP 40 Q-107 in Washington D.C. about 30 years ago. He was teamed-up with legendary news man Doug Limerick back then.