1. WELCOME to the monumental 1,000TH blog entry here on the WordPress incarnation of this here blog. It took about 21 months to get to 1,000 posts. As most of the other blogs that were near and dear to me have come and gone this one right here just keeps on churning along. I thank each and every one of you for reading, commenting, laughing, agreeing, and disagreeing with me. Let’s keep it goin’ indefinitely.
2. I finally gave in to Twitter, and now you can follow me at the majorhitwaves name. You can also read my last 7 Twitter tweets over on the right-hand side of this blog’s home page underneath the ‘Follow Me On Twitter’ heading. I personally made myself crack-up severely when I selected my Junior year in High School picture from 25 years ago as my avatar. I’m still chuckling at that.
3. This past Sunday morning my favourite radio deejay in the entire universe – Kelly D. – actually tried to convince me that Major League Baseball should be my favourite sport to follow due to its extensive utilization of statistics (being the statistician that I am). I told her that I find Baseball to be boring whether it be on the radio, on television, or LIVE and in-person. Although the Florida Marlins do intrigue me with their consistent high-scoring games whether they win or lose. I adore numbers that constantly change. Numbers are my favourite toys.
4. My ‘Trouble In The Tropics’ forecast from yesterday is right on-track as you can plainly see. We are now within that 24-hour window where the remnants of once Tropical Depression Ana are affecting us. The 3 to 5 inches of rain has begun, and the 25 MPH wind gusts at times are here. Expect rapidly improving conditions (sunny, hot, and dry) by tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon – and continuing for at least the next 4 to 6 days.
5. I just weighed myself, and I currently weigh-in at 173 pounds. I’ve pretty much been stuck in the lower-170s for several years now. I was previously stuck in the upper-160s for several years, and before that it was the mid-160s. I see a negative trend developing here. I’m getting heavier as I get older. I’ve been advised by my middle-aged counterparts that this is standard operating procedure, and that there is absolutely nothing that I can do to prevent it from happening. Gotcha. As long as my cholesterol drops like a rock (with the Lipitor) it’s all good.