Here are my takeaways in 15 words or less:
– We’ve reached the 50-yard line of our ‘New Testament Challenge’.
– That’s 4 weeks behind us and 4 weeks in front of us.
– This week’s teaching from Pastor Travis – Servanthood.
– We must always put God first in our Life.
– Things in this world make us comfortable – but not closer to God.
– If we serve ourselves then we are merely selfish.
– If we serve God then we are living a great Life full of rewards.
– We must protect our attitude so that it reflects that of God.
– God wants us to look and act like his Son.
– We must pursue a lifestyle of servanthood.
– Even when the times are tough we must serve God.
– Even when the world is against us we must serve God.
– Especially when Satan is in full pursuit we must serve God.
– We must plant daily seeds of love and kindness.
– What can we do for the cause of Jesus ?
– This morning’s teaching was based on 17 Bible verses:
– Philippians 2:5-11
– Mark 10:45
– Luke 16:13
– Luke 22:42
– Matthew 6:33
– Galatians 5:22-23
– 2 Corinthians 8:9
– 2 Corinthians 9:6
– Mark 8:35
– Matthew 4:19
Have the Attitude of Christ
1 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ ? Any comfort from His love ? Any fellowship together in the Spirit ? Are your hearts tender and compassionate ?
2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
7 Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form,
8 He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9 Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.