TONIGHT I spent a couple of fun hours with about 20 or so of my closest brothers and sisters on this fantastic journey. We hung out at the house of J.T. and Anne J., and we ate a wide variety of food, talked, laughed, hugged, solved some of the problems of the world today, and played games. It was probably the most loud and rambunctious fellowship that I’ve ever experienced, and I loved every single second of it. I can’t wait to do it again real soon.
This Saturday morning a bunch of us are heading down U.S. 1 for about 130 miles to Key West. Once we get there we’ll be participating in a very special edition of ‘The Major’s Bike-A-Thon’ all around the island. Be sure to read all about our adventures late on Saturday night once we all return back home from that.
In the meantime I’ve got an all-new ‘Bible Stories’ planned for Wednesday night as well as an intriguing ‘Thursday Night Mini Thoughts’ and the always dependable ‘Friday Night Blogroll Review’. Be sure to post your finest blog entries of the week between now and then for consideration of the ‘Major Bloggie Award’.
Until we hang out again here on the big green blog take good care of yourselves – and each other.
It’s that time of the week again. It’s time for the flagship weekly series here on the big green blog – the one that started it all back in 2007 !
1. Fire season is in high gear all across America’s Riviera. It started early this season due to the cold and dry winter that we enjoyed – oh yeah – and the frost that killed the grass all around and made it crunchy. Over the past 5 months (since Oct.) we’ve only had one rain-soaking day. America’s Riviera – ON FIRE !
2. Travis watched the beautiful sunrise kick-off Tuesday morning over in Seoul South Korea at around 6:50 AM local time. That was at 5:50 PM EDT yesterday evening here in America’s Riviera. Nearly 14 hours later at around 7:40 AM EDT this morning I watched that same sunrise kick-off Tuesday morning outside of my east-facing office window at work.
3. I want to fly Jet Blue somewhere. It looks like a really cool airline. I spent a lot of time on their official web site last night. I took some virtual trips to Austin Texas, Washington D.C., and Hamilton Bermuda. They don’t fly to Dallas-Fort Worth, but they fly to Austin. I’m almost willing to fly in to Austin and then grab a rental car and drive up to the Dallas area the next time I visit Texas.
4. I have a fun afternoon planned for Southland Mall later this month. I plan to see the comedy blockbuster “I Love You, Man“, and then I plan to eat pig-out at the all-new Buffalo Wild Wings. I have a feeling that I’ll be visiting the mall more frequently now that BWW is in full effect.
5. I’m having problems losing the pounds that I packed on during my recent Carnival cruise. It appears that I’m actually gaining even more weight, and that I’m stuck in the mid-170s (if not approaching the upper-170s) ! I may have to contact “The Biggest Loser” for assistance in this matter.
… And that’s what I’m thinking about on this Tuesday night.