1. Happy Square Root Day ! 3 X 3 = 9 – and that’s today’s date – 03-03-09. This numerical phenomenon last occurred on Groundhog Day in 2004 (02-02-04). It next occurs on the 04TH of April in 2016 (04-04-16), and then after that on Cinco De Mayo in 2025 (05-05-25). Numbers are my favourite toys !
2. How many times did we hear on TV and Radio yesterday that ‘March came in like a lion’ with the late-season blizzard and Arctic-like temperatures all across the Gulf Coast and up and down the Atlantic seaboard ? This has been an unusual Winter season all across North America. Here at America’s Riviera it’s been one of the coldest seasons in modern recorded history, and perhaps one of the dryest ever recorded. Does anyone remember what rain looks like ?
3. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal (R) was widely panned by both Democrats (obviously) and Republicans (surprisingly) for looking unprepared, amateurish, and naive during the Republican response to President Obama‘s address to Congress and the Nation last Tuesday night. I just watched his response for the first time a couple of days ago, and I didn’t see anything wrong with it at all. If he were a Democrat then the media would have called him a refreshing breath of fresh air. The Democrats did what they do best – mock and ridicule anyone that doesn’t think exactly as they do. It’s politics as usual for the left-wing.
4. My Mom and Dad and their Cat now live precisely 4.6 miles away (by road) from my Brother and his Wife and their Dog. My parents have moved to Fairview Texas, and my brother and his wife call neighbouring Allen Texas their home. That’s 1,416 to 1,420 miles away from my home here in Homestead Florida. This has been my home sweet home for the past (going on) 22 years, and I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. This is where I belong !
5. We return to Daylight Saving Time this Sunday morning at 2 AM local time. At that precise time it will suddenly become 3 AM local time, and we will instantly lose an hour of sleep. Get ready for darker mornings and brighter evenings. Enjoy Daylight Saving Time for the next 34 weeks !