Patricia alerted me that I’m teaching our Life Group this Wednesday night. It’s time to kick it into high gear, and go in to preparation mode.
We’ll be discussing the following passage out of the Book of John. In it Jesus sees a lot of things that he doesn’t like. He gets angry and throws a temper tantrum. He cleans House. Check it out:
Jesus Clears The Temple (John 2:13-22)
13 It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration, so Jesus went to Jerusalem.
14 In the Temple area he saw merchants selling cattle, sheep, and doves for sacrifices; he also saw dealers at tables exchanging foreign money.
15 Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables.
16 Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, “Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father’s house into a marketplace !”
17 Then his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: “Passion for God’s house will consume me.”
18 But the Jewish leaders demanded, “What are you doing ? If God gave you authority to do this, show us a miraculous sign to prove it.”
19 “All right,” Jesus replied. “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 “What !” they exclaimed. “It has taken forty-six years to build this Temple, and you can rebuild it in three days ?”
21 But when Jesus said “this temple,” he meant his own body.
22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered he had said this, and they believed both the Scriptures and what Jesus had said.
Here are the TOP 5 things that I’m looking forward to this week:
5. St. Patrick’s Day – Believe it or not I’m 50% Irish (on the paternal side), and I always look forward to showing off my Irish heritage by wearing lots of green on this date every year. Look for me in my flame retardant leprechaun outfit tomorrow on the streets of Homestead !
4. Life Group – That’s this Wednesday night, and due to a wide variety of reasons I haven’t attended in exactly a month. I can’t wait to get back to the group again to discuss The New Testament of The Good News ! We also need to reschedule our Key West ‘Bike-A-Thon’.
3. One word – Publix – It’s my playground. I don’t know how to cook, but then again I don’t need to know how to cook as long as I know how to shop for food – and I do that very well thank you. Whenever I’m at Publix I’m as happy as can be. It’s all of that food staring at me and begging and crying out for me to buy it. Oh yeah and the pop, rock, and disco music that usually blares through the sound system. It makes me wanna dance up and down the aisles like a crazy man.
2. Dentist Appointment – Believe it or not I actually look forward to this cleaning appointment every six months. I always get scolded by my dental hygenist for (allegedly) not flossing and brushing properly. Six months ago after my last scolding I slightly altered my flossing and brushing routine and made it even more all-encompassing. (Right now my brother is giggling because he just read through an inside family joke there.)
1. Vernal Equinox – Spring begins at precisely 7:44 AM EDT this Friday morning, and that means that the Sun is on our side of the Equator for the first time in nearly six months. That’s real important to me because when I’m confused I check with the Sun. I carry a compass to help me along. My feet are going to be on the ground. My head is there to move me around …