You think it’s chilly now ? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet !
Get ready for 40 hours of really cold weather here in America’s Riviera. In fact it’ll be the coldest 1 day and 2 nights in over 12 months !
It all goes down starting at around 6 PM this Tuesday night. I’m forecasting your early morning temperatures on Wednesday morning here in Homestead to bottom out in the lower-40s; however, northerly winds will be gusting to up to 25 MPH. That means that we could have wind chills down to around the freezing mark !
During the day on Wednesday we will struggle to reach the lower-60s !
Temperatures plummet again late on Wednesday night into early on Thursday morning, and they could actually drop into the upper-30s with less wind. There’s actually a remote possibility that frost could develop in the rural farmland areas west of Krome Avenue.
If you love cold weather then get ready for 40 hours of it starting Tuesday night !
It’s my takeaways in roughly 15 words or less:
– It’s my 2ND anniversary at Life Pointe Church.
– I walked in via the front doors for the first time on this January Sunday in 2007.
– This morning I opened the front doors during the 2ND service with Tom.
– I opened them just as they were opened for me exactly two years ago.
– The first person that introduced herself to me back then was Anne J.
– She introduced me to Casey W. – the Youth Pastor at the time.
– For the first month Anne J. thought that I was 24.
– I eventually told her my real age.
– She eventually put me on her Hospitality staff.
– The rest is 2 years of history – the best two years of my entire Life.
– This year is going to be even better than the first two.
– That’s because I have higher expectations this year for my journey.
– I refuse to be content and satisfied on this journey.
– I will never be there where I need to be.
– I will always strive for higher and better.
– I will never be as righteous or as effective as Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT, 2ND Ed.)
13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
1 Corinthians 4:12-13
12 We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living. We bless those who curse us. We are patient with those who abuse us.
13 We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world’s garbage, like everybody’s trash — right up to the present moment.
11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.
12 Be happy about it ! Be very glad ! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.