I’m currently watching Hours 5 and 6 of “Make ‘Em Laugh: The Funny Business Of America” on PBS-TV. For the past 3 Wednesday nights in a row from 8 to 10 PM this 6-hour show has pretty much shown the evolution of comedy from Vaudeville to Radio to Television and the biggest stars that evolved right along with it. Funny Stuff. Comedy today is nothing like it used to be back in the day.
That doesn’t mean that the laughter has stopped. A lot of things on TV and in the Movies make me laugh, but what’s really funny is Life itself. Some of the funniest things in Life occur unintentionally.
For about 24 hours at work – the final hour in the afternoon yesterday and pretty much all day today – I could not stop laughing at the endless things that were happening all around me. They were innocent enough, but they were gutbusting hilarious. It wasn’t just 1 or 2 or 3 events. It was a continuous series of weird, wild, and wacky events all throughout the work day that made me and my coworkers bust a gut. I’m still laughing right now thinking about it all. I’m confident enough to declare that this was clearly the funniest day of my career in modern history !
Funny Stuff all around. It’s fun to laugh. Laughing is good for you. Laughing is the result of Happiness. It keeps us sane.
Here is what some famous people once said about Laughter:
– “The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.” (Mark Twain)
– “Laughter is the Sun that drives Winter from the human face.” (Victor Hugo)
– “If it’s sanity you are after there is no recipe like laughter.” (Henry Elliot)
– “He who has achieved success has worked well, laughed often, and loved much.” (Elbert Hubbard)
– “What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.” (Proverb)
Have a great evening everyone. Keep on laughing !