Here’s what I’m all about:
1. It was recently reported on the news that 2008 was actually the coolest year on a global scale since 1997. Right now a HUGE chunk of North America is dealing with temperatures below zero – and as dangerously cold as -40°F in Minnestota and North Dakota ! The outer edge of this MASSIVE Arctic outbreak will reach America’s Rivera over the next couple of days as temperatures plunge into the upper-40s early in the morning. This global warming is getting out-of-control !
2. Now that you’ve finished giggling over yesterday’s ‘Monday Night Countdown’ I can reveal to you that the reason why I’m taking the Miami-Dade Metrorail system is because I’ve been summoned to Jury Duty tomorrow morning. It was a lot of fun keeping that little tidbit of information from my dear friend Ela O. 😆
3. I recently had a dream while sleeping at night that involved me, a microphone, lots of cool music, and my very own radio gig at 91.9-CALL-FM – my favourite radio station in the entire universe. I’m just putting that out there.
4. I am currently searching for the most delicious French Toast available for public consumption within 10 miles of the city limits of Homestead. If you have any leads then please contact me immediately !
5. My little brother has some agenda items on his mind as well. Here they are unedited and in its entirety:
Uhhh yes, I DO believe I requested THAT fortune. I went to Vegas seeking fortune, and all I found was misfortune, and a wallet that is now $90 lighter.
Some more random thoughts from your little brother:
1. Why does ANYONE think they will go to Vegas and actually win money? The scenario remains the same every time I go there. On the airplane ride to Vegas, everyone is happy, joyful, and confident. On the airplane ride back home leaving Vegas, everyone is tired, sad, frowning, and completely silent.
2. Video Poker is a sham. SO is video roulette. SO is video Blackjack. I lost a lot of money on all three, then I started to play at the actual card tables with an actual dealer. I discovered a favorite new game. I discovered Pai Gow Poker. I started playing with $60. I got up to $80, and then I left broke. The GOOD thing about playing Pai Gow poker however, was the fact that my original $60 lasted me about 4 hours in gambling time. That equates to 4 hours in excitement, laughs, cries, exclamatory remarks, 2 different dealers, me joking around with the pit boss, and about $80 in free drinks at the table. I personally think I came out ahead…
3. GO RAVENS. Yes, all of my home teams are out of the playoffs. The Dallas Cowboys, The Washington Redskins, the Jacksonville Jaguars – ALL OUT. Heck, they didn’t even MAKE the playoffs. However, my home team BY DEFAULT (I was born in the state of Maryland and lived there for 5 years) is still in the playoffs and going strong. The Baltimore Ravens are MY pick to go to the Super Bowl this year, and I like them a lot. I like the fact that their QB is a ROOKIE! I like their defense! Personally I think Ed Reed is a good candidate for LEAGUE MVP. So, I SHALL root for the Ravens, and if they go to the Super Bowl, I might even go out and buy an Ed Reed football jersey.
So Bro, I’m right there with ya. I got that MARYLAND BELTWAY SPIRIT TOO!!!!
4. Cigahs? Cigawettes? (Inside joke between Chris and I). I did NOT hear any glorified salespeople with speech impediments not being able to pronounce their “R’s” this time around. As a matter of fact, I didn’t see or experience many people smoking at all in the casinos. Is America actually wising up and getting more healthy?
5. As usual, I developed another ranomly strange taste for something I normally do not indulge in when I am at home. When we were in Hawaii, I drank coffee like 6 times a day for no apparent reason. In Alaska, I went crazy for the Creme Brulee desserts. So in Las Vegas last week, I had a very strange craving for….. Cranberry Juice. I drank Cranberry Juice every day for breakfast, and even for lunch and dinner. I have no idea what it was about it. I just needed to drink cranberry juice. I have since switched back to my normal drinks of Water, Diet Sunkist, and Gatorade, and I have not had a craving for Cranberry Juice since I returned to Texas.
6. UFC 93 this weekend. I’m picking Rich Franklin over Hendo, and Shogun Rua over ancient Mark Coleman. Honestly, what is Mark Coleman trying to prove by getting back in the ring at 44 years old?? Stay retired!! I’m just glad he didn’t fight Brock Lesnar as originally planned.
7. CES Show…. Underwhelming is the best way to describe it. The big thing this year was 3D TV. Let me tell you this. Not only will it NEVER be a big hit with the mainstream audience, but I wouldn’t buy it. It hurt my eyes to look at.
I saw many “celebs” there, and may news networks filming. As a matter of fact, I walked right by Good Morning America AND Spike TV when they were filming. I saw Wilmer Valderamma (Fez from That 70’s Show), and I almost met Quinton Rampage Jackson. Professional video gamer FATAL1TY challenged my friend and I to a game of Quake 4 in front of about 200 people, my friend ended up going up on stage (I chickened out), and my friend and another guy got beat 22 to -1 against FATAL1TY, who was playing ONE HANDED!!!
I’ll say this about the CES. Here are my parting words, a la Jerry Springer. The CES show is full of glitz and glamour. It’s loud, obnoxious, busy, and bright. But, it’s a LOT of walking, a lot of lines, a lot of rude people, and mass chaos at times. So, stay home and watch G4 to see all the new gadgets coming out.
8. Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and Worst Week were all brand new last night and very funny.
9. American Idol starts tonight! YAY!
That is all…. I’ve written enough and I should probably get back to work now. LOL